Who Should Apply?
If you have completed an associate’s in applied science (AAS) degree in Health Information Management, Hospitality Management, Nutrition Management Specialization, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, or Respiratory Therapy, with a minimum GPA of 2.0, and have been out of high school seven or more years – this degree is designed for you!
Why This Degree Now?
Global workforce demands in health and human services are increasing, and a BAS degree with a concentration in health, wellness, and social services will provide you with the foundation necessary to be a professional in the field. In fact, Mason’s College of Health and Human Services was developed in 2006 to help meet this demand and offer students high quality programs in public health, rehabilitation science, nutrition, health informatics, senior housing, health services research, and policy and specialized study in social work and nursing.
Analysts at the Virginia Workforce Connection provide statistics predicting that from 2010-2020, the Commonwealth of Virginia will have added 137,096 new jobs in health care and social assistance. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics cites the median pay for Medical and Health Services Managers at $88,580 with an expected employment increase of 23% by 2022.
Why Choose Mason?
• Our program will build on your current skills to make you more competitive in Virginia’s growing workforce. We will help you maximize your accumulated credits and ‘life credits.’
• As a multidisciplinary concentration, this program is ideal for adult learners who want to gain a broad theoretical perspective for understanding the complex nature of providing health care and social services programs to a diverse group of individuals in order to increase overall well-being.
• Courses offered through this program are taught by outstanding Mason faculty and provide students with a foundation in serving both domestic and international vulnerable populations.
• Students have an option of two academic tracks – Physical and Mental Health Care Delivery or Health Care Administration. Both tracks prepare students to become professionals in the health and social services fields.
• The Physical and Mental Health Care Delivery track is offered entirely online, so you can complete assignments from anywhere. The Health Care Administration track will be delivered in a hybrid method.
• Rolling admissions allows you to submit your application and start your courses during whatever term is most convenient for you.