Who Should Apply?
If you have completed an Associate’s degree in Applied Science (AAS) in a technology- or business-related field, with a minimum GPA of 2.0, and have been out of high school seven or more years – this degree is designed for you!
Why This Degree Now?
This degree is ideal for those who desire to gain workplace and industry-wide technical competencies, to complete a bachelor’s degree, and to enhance personal earning potential. Courses will enhance your business know-how and information technology skills in order to prepare you for the global business place.
There is a demand for computer specialists in numerous industries, including IT, education, finance, health care, and telecommunication. Analysts at the Virginia Workforce Connection provide statistics predicting that by the year 2018 the Commonwealth of Virginia will have added more than 60,000 new jobs in computer specialist fields. Because of this need for tech-savvy workers, Virginia universities are increasing the number and capacity of programs focusing on meeting this need.
Why Choose Mason?
• Our program will build on your current skills to make you more competitive in Virginia’s growing workforce. We will help you maximize your accumulated credits and ‘life credits.”
• Classes such as Information Security Fundamentals and Managing Information in a Global Environment blend business know-how and information technology to help prepare business people for state workforce demands and the global marketplace.
• This concentration is taught by outstanding Mason faculty and offered entirely online so you can complete assignments from anywhere.
• Student support services, including phone consultations, are available to help you stay connected with the university and keep you on track to graduate.
• As part of this program, you will participate in internships and experiential-based activities to build the competence you need where you live and work.
• Rolling admissions allows you to submit your application and start your courses during whatever term is most convenient for you.
Please refer to the Admission Requirements page for full information.
Please refer to the University Catalog to view the curriculum for this concentration.