BAS concentrations helps adult learners develop the skills employers demand such as: problem solving, critical thinking, communication, creativity, and decision-making. Students select a concentration in a professional area of interest to them. Each concentration is designed to provide adult learners with the skills and credentials necessary to compete in a rapidly changing workplace.
Current concentrations offered are:
- Applied Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Conservation Studies
- Cyber Security (available completely online or in hybrid format)*
- Defense Information Systems Technology (DIST) (available completely online or in hybrid format)
- Health, Wellness, and Social Services (hybrid and fully online tracks available)
- Human Development and Family Science
- Legal Studies
- Technology and Innovation (available completely online or in hybrid format)
* The concentration in Cyber Security is a collaboration with Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) and Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC).